Friday, August 30, 2013

THBT IKBP should be an annual event :)

In spirit of being the commitee member for IKBP 2013, I would say, despite being oh so very new at hosting a debate tournament, UMK did a good job. Thanks to our very own founders of UMK Desperate Debaters. Fert, Kak Lavan, Kak Shiyam, Kak Martina, Kak Hema, Colin. And of couse Kak Veron, even if she couldnt be there during the tourney.

As for personal experience, I would be the one in the TABS room, which isnt that much work anyway. The perks? I get to be in the same rooms as the core adjudicators. Meaning; they know me. Wekk.
Im new at this debate stuff but begin to notice familiar faces that alwaaaaays win the tourneys. After the tournament ends, the chief adju would be posting the TABS in Malaysian Debaters group in fb. That would be the most appropriate place for you to find your competition and to look for any tournaments available. Note: you will be stalked! What's TABS? the score sheet and the speaker's scores.

I like to debate. I just havent found my voice yet. I will. Soon. Being with the awesome UDD, it has been a wonderful time. Hope we'll be better in the next IKBP.

hmm. Here's a thought though; why would you even debate,  because when after the debate is over, no action is done? I couldnt understand the dire need to that. It will be all talk and no action. In both Asian Parlimentary style and British Parlimentary style, it will take up about 56 minutes per debate round. 7 minutes per speaker. And after the verdict, telling which team has the better arguments, its not like the ideas and arguments are being supplied to the gov to really make the country a better place to live in. Sure, variations of arguments and discussions will be thrown into the debate but the point of all that? Please clearly explain this to me.

With this motion, I gladly propose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah