Thursday, November 17, 2011

Life's Brief Candle

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllabus of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more; it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing
William Shakespeare

I first heard this poem when I was in my PMR studies and I guess I kinda fell in love with this poem. Somehow I am connected to the persona in the poem. I thought it is written beautifully. 

You could feel the persona's regrets while reciting it.
There's also the sense of giving up.
That life's meaningless and full of emptiness. 
Life is short but the persona feels like he's dragging all the way through the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah