Saturday, November 2, 2013

Manja

I've once heard Ummi told me that, " kalau Allah uji kita, bukannya sebab Allah nak susahkan kita, tapi tanda Allah nak tunjuk sayang kat kita. Macam kalau budak-budak bercinta, yang boyfriend dia tu mesti suka sakat, kacau nakal dengan girlfriend tu. Saja nak bermanja. Macam tu jugak hubungan kita dengan Allah. Allah nak tunjuk yang Allah sayang kat kita ni. Nak bermanja jugak :) "

After hearing this from Ummi, I had a long thought and it find it funny because it is so true. I guess this is another way to look into things. Ya Allah, banyak sangat nikmat yang Engkau berikan. Aku bersyukur.

I can never finish counting my blessings of everything that has given to me. Do you know, every time we complain once about something, its better to count 10 blessings after that, that way, we'll stay grateful each day.
For example;

  1. Ya Allah, terima kasih kerana berikan aku sepasang mata yang cantik. Aku mampu melihat keindahan ciptaan Mu, aku mampu melihat warna-warna yang aku suka, aku mampu melihat orang-orang yang aku sayang. 
  2. Aku mempunyai hidung yang bantu aku untuk bernafas. Allah, you had given me my nose so I could breathe this oxygen, this free oxygen that without it, I may not able to live. For some people, mereka tak dapat bernafas dengan baik, mereka perlukan alat bantu pernafasan.
  3. Ya Allah, kau berikan aku mulut untuk aku menzahirkan isi hati ku. I can communicate. Aku mempunyai bibir yang cantik, tidak sumbing. Aku boleh senyum kepada ramai orang, aku boleh makan makanan yang sihat, aku boleh membaca AlQuran :)
  4. Ya Allah, I have these pair of ears, I can hear voices of the people I love. I can hear Ummi  and Abah's voices, Wafi's singing, my sister's laughs. Alhamdulillah. I can listen to music, I can listen to talks that motivate me, inspire me.
  5. I have these pair of hands, complete with 10 fingers. I can do a lot of things with these hands. That if one of my fingers is gone, I may feel difficult to work. So, with this, I thank You Allah.
  6. I have a pair of legs. I can commute from one place to another. Ya Allah, without these pair of legs, I may need the help of people, I may need to use a wheelchair. For that, I thank You Allah, for giving me such great legs that never go tired whenever I need to walk somewhere.
  7. Ya Allah, I'm not that tall, I'm not that short. I can always say that there's always someone taller that me, and there's always someone shorter than me. I am petite. I love this height that is fit for this whole body. I can fit in a lot of clothes that I love. I can never ask for more. Alhamdulillah
  8. I have a family that is just right for me. I get all my love and care from them. They are not perfect, they're not broken, its just needs a little stitching and healing. I know that time will heal every thing. But if you are not willing to work for that, it may not recover as quickly. Ya Allah, apa-apa pun, I am so blessed.
  9. I have friends that are so caring and supportive of me. They encourage me to be better. I get inspired by their stories everyday. I learn from their stories that makes me better myself.
  10. Ya Allah, thank you for giving me such great people into my life. Thank you for leading me and Wafi to find each other. Ya Allah, aku berharap hubungan kami berkekalan sehingga ke syurga. Ya Allah, terima kasih. I found someone who loves me for being me. This guy actually love my flaws and quirky aspects, just like how I love his. hehe Ya Allah, cepatkanlah jodoh kami. :P
I've once cried (banyak kali, actually) because I realise how fortunate I am. I have this body that works perfectly, Alhamdulillah. For some people, they may have a few obstacles to overcome, they may not be able to hear, see, or use their hands and legs in their daily lives. Just imagine if one day, Allah took one of these blessings away from you, the person may or may not accept this with ease.

This same goes for when we are sick. Kita akan merungut atau akan bersyukur? Most of us would not feel blessed. But do you know, every time we fell ill, Allah wants to test us whether would we lean on to Allah or do we trust those pills even more? Think about it, Allah gave us health, Allah gave us sickness. So, if we want to get well, there's nothing wrong if we make a doa to Allah. "Ya Allah, sembuhkanlah penyakit aku ini." Its as simple as that.

My point here is, when Allah gave us obstacles, Allah is actually trying to make us strive, to better ourselves. Syukur dengan segala dugaan. Mesti akan ada hikmah. Syukur dengan semua nikmat diberikan.

Contemplating,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah