Thursday, July 12, 2012

Letters

I just watched Dear John for the second time. But this time, I actually watched it from the beginning. You know, when you only watch the second half of the movie, you don't actually quite get it. 


The movie made me cried and shout at the tv, "No, John. Don't burn those letters. Don't go."


*deep breaths* Okay, time to get professional. 


Dear John inspired me to talk about my parents. When my dad went to serve the country, in Bosnia, my parents used to write letters to each other. It was hard to actually call. We only get calls from him a few times when he was there. Yes, my dad actually write a letter. He wrote about how he missed us all in Malaysia. Ummi read his letters to us, we were still in kindergarten then. It was only me and Along at that time. It was hard for Ummi. So, we tried super hard to help Ummi out around the house. I guess that's how we feel responsible for things. and my adik-adik are not. 


And! we were sooo into Barbie dolls back then. When Abah is somewhere near a town area, He'll buy us dolls and new doll clothes. We were really looking forward to every time we get mails.  He knows that if Along gets one, I would want one too. Even if its only Along's birthday, I get one pressie too. We used to have a swing in our house, and we'd unwrap the parcel from Abah there. and then bring out a big blanket to cover the swing so that it becomes sort of like a house. Main pondok-pondok lah :) 


It would be nice to write and get letters, huh? If only.

Write to me,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

blah blah blah